Audley Clarke Solicitors Limited, of Dalton House, Dane Road, Sale, M33 7AR, is committed to protecting the personal privacy of its clients and any information pertaining to that client.
Why we process personal data
We process personal data about enquirers when they enquire with us and when providing a service, which include:
- Handling your enquiry;
- Conducting an investigation into your potential case and processing the case as appropriate;
- Handling any complaints and investigations.
Audley Clarke will sometimes use third party companies to provide outsourced functions. Currently, these are:
- Stanton Fisher Limited, of Dalton House, Dane Road, Sale, M33 7AR to undertake some of its administration and telephone functions.
- High Court Enforcement Group, Marine House , Marine Road, Colwyn Bay, LL29 8PH to undertake enforcement proceedings
- Sharegroup Ltd, 6 Cambridge Court, 210 Shepherds Bush Road, London W6 7NJ to undertake enforcement proceedings
- Andrew Wilson & Co, 26 Missouri Avenue, Salford M50 2NP to undertake enforcement proceedings
- Expert witnesses
If you instruct Audley Clarke, they may use the services of Experian Limited (the Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ) to carry out a search for the purposes of verifying your identity. Experian may check the details you supply to Audley Clarke against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which Experian have access in order to verify your identity. Experian will retain a record of the search.
Any data we receive about you may be held by the third party company to allow them to fulfil their contractual obligations to us, however, any such data will be held in accordance with the current data protection legislation and the third party will only be able to process the data strictly in line with Audley Clarke’s instructions and not for their own purposes.
What personal data we collect
We collect personal data that you provide to us when you enquire with us, for example:
- Enquiry: Personal details (name, date of birth etc.), contact information (home address, phone number, email address etc.), details of your communication preferences, personal circumstances for the purposes of building your claim, IP address;
- Complaints about us: personal details, contact information, enquiry or complaint details;
- Claim Responder: information received from the company responding to your claim.
We may also process your personal data if we are pursuing a claim against you for a client, which will comprise personal details, contact information and personal circumstances. Such data will often be provided to us by a client but we may also use tracing agents to obtain your personal data to the extent it is required to pursue our client’s claim.
IP Address and other internet generated data
If you are connected to the internet you will have an IP address. This will automatically be collected when you visit the site as part of the connection of your computer to our server. This IP may further be used to determine how many times you visited specific areas of the site. If there is a security breach then the Internet Service Provider will identify the relevant IP address and the user may be contacted.
How we process personal data
We process personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary in order to:
- Allow us to deal with your enquiry and process your claim, including liaising with the company you are claiming against and/or their representatives;
- Follow up on your enquiry and obtain feedback from you as to whether you are satisfied with our service or whether we can assist you further;
- Comply with a legal duty
- Comply with a request from our regulator, the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
We do not store credit card details.
We do not share customer details with any third parties other than:
- With your consent;
- Sharing customer details with companies that are compatible with the original purpose for which you provided these to us, such as a third party outsourcer, or to progress your claim.
If you enquire about our services, or engage in competitions or other promotional activities that we or our partners provide, we may ask your consent to provide you with news and offers about our services that you may find of interest. The method by which we will contact you will depend on your preferences. If you change your mind and do not wish to be contacted in the above manner, please contact us on 03333 057 667 or info@AudleyClarke.com to opt out.
How long we will keep your data
We will keep your data for no longer than is necessary, and in general this will be for a period of no longer than six years.
Your rights over your personal data
You have rights over how we use personal data about you, and can exercise those rights by contacting us on 03333 057 667 or info@AudleyClarke.com or writing to us at Audley Clarke Solicitors Limited, Dalton House, Dane Road, Sale, M33 7AR. In some cases, our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process personal data for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
If you wish to see the information we hold on you, you are within your rights to make a request and we will provide this information.
Where we have obtained your consent for processing of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
We will update or amend personal data we hold about you if you let us know the changes required.
We will delete personal data we hold about you if you ask us to do so, except where certain exemptions apply.
You have a right to data portability which means that you can request copies of your personal data in a useful electronic format, although the transfer must not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority that oversees Data Protection. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, who can be contacted at:
Head Office Address: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
We cannot guarantee that any emails sent to us by you will be received safely and securely, and also cannot guarantee that any emails sent to you by us will be secure. Please contact us via telephone or post if you are in any doubt or wish to check the status of an email sent to us by you or sent to you by Audley Clarke.