Our fixed fee business debt collection services
If your business has outstanding debts that are proving difficult to retrieve, it is vital that you seek the help of a professional business debt recovery service. Here at Audley Clarke Solicitors, we can lend you a helping hand.
Our specialist debt recovery team have years of experience in dealing with debt collection claims and disputes. We will take the time to understand your own business’ situation, before offering expertise on your prospects of recovery and working with you to reach a resolve that you are satisfied with.
Our debt recovery solicitors cover all areas of debt recovery, whether that’s to retrieve money owed to you by a customer or by a business you have a working relationship with. Even with the latest rules in place that affect consumer and sole trader debts, we are able to offer sound advice and support towards retrieving the money that’s owed to you and your business.
- Expert advice and guidance regarding consumer and sole trader debts.
- We will ensure your claim meets the requirements of recent changes to proceedings.
- Happy to assist consumer and sole trader debt disputes, not matter how big or small.
- Our fixed fee service keeps costs down with lengthier consumer and sole trader claims.
The Late Payments Act allows businesses to claim for any payment owed, along with additional interest and compensation, if the invoice is overdue. Our team of debt recovery solicitors will be able to guide you through the process of collecting debts owed to your from outstanding invoices, along with any interest or compensation you require.
- Our services cover anything from letters before action to court proceedings.
- Happy to discuss the legalities behind overdue invoices and your rights.
- We will cover any other available routes before taking your claim to court.
- Our fixed fee promise will cover all aspects of your debt recovery claim.
When the time comes to take action against a customer or business who owes you money, you will need to decide between the help of a debt collection agency or a solicitor. Choosing to use a team of debt recovery solicitors as opposed to a debt collection agency comes with a number of benefits.
- Our solicitors offer a complete and thorough debt collection service.
- We provide support through both pre-legal debt collections and legal proceedings.
- Our service prevents the need for a third party further down the line.
- Our fixed fee service covers all stages of your debt recovery claim.
We also provide a service for personal debt collection as well as for business debt recovery. Whether that’s money owed to you personally from an individual or business, or if you’re a sole trader with debts owed to your business, our professional and approachable team of solicitors can guide you through the personal debt collection process.
- Providing personalised advice based on your own situation and claim.
- Establishing a conversation between you and the debtor.
- A complete service for claims that need to be taken through court proceedings.
- A fixed fee package with one cost that covers all stages of your personal debt collection.
If your business is faced with a large number of overdue invoices and an excessive amount of outstanding debt, our bulk debt collection service is the best option for you. This particular service consists of a structured system aimed towards recovering all your debts in as short a time as possible.
- A tried and tested approach to tackling your overwhelming situation.
- Allow us to deal with communications with each of your debtors.
- We’ll make sure each of your debts are recovered with as minimal legal proceedings as possible.
- Our fixed fee guarantee will cover our services for recovering each of your debts.
Our team is headed up by our Managing Director, William O’Brien, who qualified as a solicitor in 1979 and has had experience of a wide range of legal matters, largely focused on civil litigation.
He is assisted by Mark Whitfield and Gabriella Guarnieri. Mark has many years of experience in the area of debt collection and has particular expertise in tracing/tracking debtors who prove difficult to contact. Gabriella has completed her Graduate Diploma in Law and is committed to developing her career in the legal profession via our debt recovery department.
Our fees are negotiated with our clients on an individual basis but are generally governed by a damages based agreement, with our fees being equal to a percentage of the debt recovered on behalf of our client. Our fee is charged when the matter is concluded. The current range of such agreements is between 25% and 50%.
We do not charge for making an assessment of the appropriate percentage to be charged.
The VAT element of our fees cannot be recovered from the debtor.
If it is necessary to issue the claim at court the fees for this are set out below. We hope to recover these fees from the debtor but we may ask clients to put us in funds for these fees when they are incurred.
|Claim amount||Paper form fee||Online claim fee|
|Up to £300||£35||£25|
|£300.01 to £500||£50||£35|
|£500.01 to £1,000||£70||£60|
|£1,000.01 to £1,500||£80||£70|
|1,500.01 to £3,000||£115||£105|
|£3,000.01 to £5,000||£205||£185|
|£5,000.01 to £10,000||£455||£410|
|£10,000.01 to £100,000||5% of the claim||5% of the claim|
|£100,000.01 to £200,000||5% of the claim||You cannot make a claim online|
|More than £200,000||£10,000||You cannot make a claim online|
Our fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation
- Undertaking appropriate searches
- Sending a letter before action
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing claim
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the court to enter Judgement in default
- When Judgement in default in received, write to the other side to request payment
- If payment is not received within X days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs
Matters usually take anything from a few days to 3 months from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of Judgement in default. If enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.
Reasons to use us for your business debt recovery
- We offer a tailored approach to your business’ debt situation.
- Our experts will cover all other possible solutions before taking your claim to court.
- A friendly and approachable team with years of experience resolving business debt recovery claims.
- A fixed fee promise that will cover the entirety of our services.